I said I wasn’t. But I couldn’t resist. I got an iPad. And I love it!
I justified getting the iPad since I read SO many PDF’s for work. I sold my Sony eReader. My main concern of eye strain on a non e-ink screen hasn’t really hit and it’s quite comfortable to read on. But it is definitely purely a gadget. The screen is gorgeous. Lots of fun apps… I’ve never followed the news so closely.
So things I do on it:
– Read PDF’s via GoodReader (the only ESSENTIAL app you need)
– Read magazines
– Read the news via USA Today, New York Times, Reuters, Yahoo! Entertainment, EW.
– Read my blogs via Feedler & Google Reader Sync.
– Check emails (quite fun)
– Best Calendar on an OSX device.
– Watch TV shows and movies.
– Show off my pictures.
Things I wished it did better:
– Easier to get videos on. It requires a very specific format.
– Better stylus available for actually taking hand written notes.
– Ability to transfer photos from an SD card to a hard drive… would alleviate me needing to bring a laptop on trips. Something about transferring photos to JUST the iPad for later scares me.
AND NOW, I got the iPad’s BEST COMPANION. The DodoCase. A throwback to Moleskins books. This is the most beautiful well made case I have ever seen for any product. Which only added to the painful 4-6 week turn around time. But definitely worth the wait.
The iPad fits very snuggly into foam in the corners and I have NO fear of it falling out. The bamboo box is perfectly crafted and fits the iPad like exactly. The case only makes the iPad marginally thinner… just about as thick as any silicon gel glove (which I would NEVER recommend) would make it. This case really sets your iPad apart from anything else out there. I have #508 of 1000. Very exciting. I read somewhere that these are the Rolls Royce of iPad cases. haha. I was not let down.
Well done DodoCase. Well done.
Get yours at http://www.dodocase.com.